Are you often getting “Could Not Open File /var/lib/dpkg/status” error on your jailbroken ios device? If so, we will help you fix this error forever. If I’m correct This error occurs often after installing the latest unstable version of Yalu Jailbreak for iOS 10 and above. The most recent version of Yalu Jailbreak is in its beta form and have several bugs to be fixed. The developers have already mentioned about its unstableness and risks involved in the installation. We recommend users to wait for an official release of ios 10 jailbreaks.
Could Not Open File /var/lib/dpkg/status error hinders you to download tweaks and applications through Cydia Sources. If you’re facing this error, then you’ve come to the right place as we will show you how to fix this issue with ease.
How to Fix “Could Not Open File /var/lib/dpkg/status” Cydia Error
- Download necessary tools and tweaks before starting the process. You can use the links given below for downloading the necessary tools.
- Download iFunBox for Windows or Mac. Next, download the necessary “Cydia Fix” files from here and unzip it. Finally, you need the Cydia Impactor tool which can be downloaded from cydiaimpactor.com.
- Once you have downloaded all the necessary tools, we are ready to go. Connect your jailbroken iOS device to you mac/windows pc through USB and then open up iFunbox on your computer.
- Look for books in the sidebar of iFunbox.
- Now from the Cydia fix folder, drag “lib” folder to the iBooks directory in iFunBox and drop it there.
- Now Open Cydia Impactor and make sure the same have detected your mobile.
- Drag and drop MobileTerminal.ipa file from the “Cydia Fix” folder onto Cydia Impactor.
- Cydia Impactor will ask your Apple ID and password. Enter the necessary details and wait for the installation to complete.
- Soon after the process, you should see Mobile terminal app on your mobile home screen. Now Go to Settings -> General -> Profiles & Device Management. Now make the application trusted.
- Run Mobile terminal app on your mobile.
- A command line interface will be displayed in your mobile screen. Type in the following commands, pressing Enter/Return after each line:
cp -R /var/mobile/Media/Books/lib /var
- Once you have entered all the necessary commands, reboot your device.Launch Cydia on your Jailbroken iOS. Now The error “Could Not Open File /var/lib/dpkg/status”won’t bother you if you have followed the steps closely.
I hope you’ll loved reading the article, Feel free to share your doubts with us. You may use the contact us or comment section for clearing your doubts. Subscribe us and stay tuned for getting latest updates on Cydia.