Do you know you can sideload applications on iOS? Yeah, like Android users do with APK files!
Yes, it is possible. Most people jailbreak the device solely for the sake of sideloading applications. But you don’t have to do it as there is a way to do it without the jailbreak.
I hope you know what an IPA file is. Simply, put it is what APK to Android. Or, IPA is the application package file.
In this article, I am going to walk you through the entire process needed to install IPA files on your iPhone.
Install IPA Files on iPhone without Jailbreak
- The process is nothing complicated. Just follow the steps given below. At the end, you will find yourself easily sideloading the apps you want.
- We are going to install IPA files using the help of a computer. You can use your Mac as well. We need a tool called Cydia Impactor here. So, download the software first. Just visit this link and choose the appropriate version for you.
- Just in the case of any software, you need to install it. If you are a Mac user, you can simply proceed to the installation by opening the downloaded file. But for Windows and Linux, what you get is a zipped file. You should extract it to get the installer. The installation is similar to that of any tool.
- Once you finish the installation, connect your iOS device to your computer or Mac. After connecting the device to your computer (or Mac, whatever you use), you have to open the installed software (Cydia Impactor). Make sure that you have connected your device properly to the computer.
- The next step is downloading the IPA file of the application you want to install. There are many IPA file sites available on the web. In case you are confused, start with the following site.
In case you have downloaded IPA files on your phone, don’t forget to transfer them to the computer. Now, open Cydia Impactor. Drag the IPA file and drop it to the software interface.
You will be asked to enter your Apple ID and password to sign the application. Just do it.
It may take a while to complete the installation of the app. Once it finishes things off, you can use the app without any issues.
N.B.- After the installation, iOS will display ‘Untrusted Developer’ popup. If you want to remove it, follow Settings>> General>> Profile& Device management. Then, tap on your Apple ID and trust it. There you go.
Do you have any doubt? Did you try installing any IPA file using the method given below?
If you have any doubt or issue with the method, don’t forget to let me know about it in the comment section below. I will try my best to come up with a working solution at the earliest.